Squash ribbons and fresh herbs are added to the Basic Honey Tossed Chicken Tender Salad recipe, creating a colorful summer salad.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 package (7 ounces) or about 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin ribbons with vegetable peeler
- 1 yellow zucchini, cut into thin ribbons with vegetable peeler
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 290||Calories from Fat 43|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 20%||Vitamin A 18%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marinade/dressing ingredients. Reserve half of mixture for dressing.
- Use remaining mixture for marinade. Place chicken tenders and marinade in a shallow dish or plastic zip-seal bag; marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare grill. Remove chicken tenders from marinade container; discard any leftover marinade. Grill over medium hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Tenders can also be cooked in a large skillet over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. In either case, chicken should be fork tender with no hint of pink in the meat. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- In a large bowl, toss all salad ingredients except the chicken tenders with the marinade/dressing. Top with chicken tenders.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.