Get ready for a night in Morocco! Grilled Moroccan-Style Chicken Skewers, marinated in aromatic spices, served alongside fragrant turmeric rice and complemented by a cooling tzatziki sauce.
- Tandoori Chicken
- 1.5 lbs Just Bare Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenders, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, whole
- tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground turmeric kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Turmeric Rice
- cup basmati rice
- cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Calcium 140 mg 11%||Iron 6.7 mg 37%|
|Potassium 670 mg 14%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a marinade.
- Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and toss until all the pieces are coated. Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, allowing the flavors to infuse.
- For the tzatziki, in a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, mint, dill, kosher salt, and black pepper – Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the tzatziki for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Meanwhile, rinse the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. In a saucepan, combine the rinsed rice, water, ground turmeric, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and fluffy. Remove from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes before fluffing it with a fork.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Thread the marinated chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes and onion onto the soaked wooden skewers, alternating between chicken and vegetables.
- Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165º and the vegetables are slightly charred and tender.
- Once cooked, remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- To serve, plate a bed of turmeric rice, followed by 1-2 skewers per person and top with a spoonful of tzatziki sauce.