In Tuscany, bruschetta is really just deliciously toasted bread that is rubbed with fresh garlic and topped with super-ripe tomatoes—at their harvest peak. The word “bruschetta” means toasted (or literally burned). By slicing the chicken breasts in half horizontally, the grill time is cut in half.
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 oblong slices whole-grain country bread (from a round loaf or wide baguette)
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, diced (1/4 inch)
- 1/2 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 321||Calories from Fat 30|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Calcium 10%||Iron 18%|
|Vitamin C 18%||Vitamin A 14%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Slice chicken in half horizontally with a sharp knife. Lightly brush chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; season with oregano, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Brush the bread slices with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
Place chicken on grill; cook about 4 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Place bread slices, oiled side down, on grill for about 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
For tapenade, mix tomatoes, garbanzo beans, olives, basil, green onion, capers, and garlic in medium bowl. Toss with juice from lime.
To serve, place grilled chicken on toasted bread; top each toast with a generous spoonful of tapenade.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.
*For this recipe, it’s best to look for a package with two large breast fillets.