These rich sandwiches drip with juicy seasoned chicken, ripe tomato, and briny pickles. If you don’t have a sandwich press or Panini grill, cook them on a stovetop grill, griddle, hot skillet, or charcoal grill with chunks of sweet bell pepper and onion.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 ounces Just Bare Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 thick slices country-style bread
- 1/4 cup creole or whole-grain mustard
- 4 slices (4 ounces) smoked deli ham
- 1 large dill pickle, sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices (4 ounces) provolone or fontina cheese
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 500||Calories from Fat 36|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 1g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Calcium 31%||Iron 23%|
|Vitamin C 12%||Vitamin A 15%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from heat.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with mustard. Layer with chicken, ham, pickle, cheese, tomato, and onion. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread. Lightly brush both sides with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Heat a sandwich press or stovetop grill pan. Place sandwiches in press; cook about 10 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.