Topping whole-grain flatbreads with the ingredients for a Greek-style chicken salad creates a complete meal, full of rich, good-for-you flavor.
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke heart quarters, well drained
- 4 (7-inch) whole-grain flatbreads
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, sliced
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 16 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula leaves
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 595||Calories from Fat 36|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Trans Fat 1g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||50%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Calcium 30%||Iron 27%|
|Vitamin C 76%||Vitamin A 22%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cut each chicken tender into 3 pieces crosswise. Grate zest from lemon and squeeze the juice. Whisk juice with 2 tablespoons oil, zest, oregano, and salt. Pour half of mixture over chicken and toss until coated. Reserve remaining dressing.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, chicken 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, bell pepper and red onion about 4 minutes or just until tender. Stir in artichokes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Lay flatbread on large baking sheet. Arrange tomato slices evenly on top each flatbread. Top with chicken and vegetables; sprinkle with olives, cheese, and black pepper.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges of bread are crisp and cheese is browned. Toss arugula with remaining dressing; top each flatbread with greens.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Chicken Thighs (sliced) may be substituted for Just Bare® Chicken Tenders.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Look for soft flatbreads in the deli, where there are lots of choices for interesting wraps and breads to make quick sandwiches or appetizers.