Dig into these simple and fresh Greek Chicken Gyro Bowls. The homemade Tzatziki sauce adds a subtle layer of creaminess and freshness to the meal.
- Chicken Gyros
- 12 oz Just Bare Breaded Chicken Strips
- 4 pita wraps
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- ½ large cucumber, grated or finely diced
- ¼ lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Greek Salad
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 mini cucumbers, sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp garlic
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F – place frozen chicken pieces in the basket in a single layer and cook for 8 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 Fº. Reserve and keep warm until assembly.
- Combine ingredients for tzatziki in a bowl. Stir to combine and adjust seasoning as needed.
- For the Greek Salad, combine tomatoes, cucumber, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl combine dressing ingredients and stir until emulsified.
- Add dressing to vegetables along with feta cheese and mix to combine.
- Preheat a pita pocket or wrap in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes. Add a spoonful of tzatziki sauce to the wrap followed by a serving of chicken strips – you can also dice the chicken if desired. Add greek salad and roll into a tight gyro wrap.
- Cut pita into small bite-size pieces and toss with 1 tsp of olive oil. Add to the air fryer and cook at 350°F until crispy – about 4-5 minutes.
- In a meal prep container, add 1 serving of chicken strips, greek salad, and a few tablespoons of tzatziki. Eat with a serving of homemade pita chips.