A finalist in the 2012 Just Bare Just 5 Cooking Challenge, this recipe comes from Debbie R. of Clearwater, FL. Greek in inspiration, the chunky sauce topping this chicken makes good use of jarred roasted bell peppers, salty feta cheese, and briny olives.
- 1 cup (12 ounces) jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 4 (about 24 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 290||Calories from Fat 41|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Calcium 11%||Iron 11%|
|Vitamin C 97%||Vitamin A 25%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Place red peppers in blender container; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium-low; stir in puréed red peppers and olives. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve chicken topped with red pepper sauce, cheese, and basil.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Serve with orzo (rosamarina) pasta or a bulgur wheat pilaf, a baby spinach and cucumber salad, and wedges of fresh lemon.