This Just 5 Challenge finalist recipe is the creation of Patricia F. of Langley WA. A variation of traditional basil pesto, this recipe uses fresh mint leaves instead for a fresh and full summery flavor.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 24 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium clove garlic, halved
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 380||Calories from Fat 56|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Calcium 12%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 4%||Vitamin A 7%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake about 18 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, place mint, garlic, and cheese in food processor. Pulse a few times to chop ingredients. Then with motor running, slowly pour in remaining ¼ cup oil until mixture is well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with a dollop of pesto.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs may be substituted for boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.
For a golden brown crust on the chicken breast, sear the first side in an oven-safe skillet over high heat, then turn the chicken over. Transfer the pan to a 400°F oven for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink in center.