In the fall, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and squashes flood the farmers’ markets. Golden roasted cauliflower is especially delicious with this barbecue-coated chicken, but sub in your family’s favorite. If you’d prefer to grill the chicken, just roast the garlic and cauliflower in the oven.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 45 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 head garlic*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (20 ounces) Just Bare Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets, then thickly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 460||Calories from Fat 36|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 34g|
|Calcium 12%||Iron 20%|
|Vitamin C 135%||Vitamin A 10%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 425°F. Slice the top off of garlic, just exposing the cloves. Place on a 6-inch square of foil; drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and wrap foil around garlic. Arrange chicken on foil-lined baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in oven; place wrapped garlic on oven rack next to baking sheet in oven. Toss cauliflower with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheets on two racks in oven. Roast for about 35 minutes, stirring cauliflower occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink near bone (165°F internally), cauliflower is tender, and garlic feels very soft when pressed.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from papery skins; mash with fork in small bowl. Stir in barbecue sauce, lemon juice, and lemon peel until well blended. Brush half of sauce on chicken; save the remainder to serve at the table. Serve chicken with cauliflower, sprinkled with green onions.
*Substitute jarred roasted garlic paste for a shortcut if time is at a premium.
Just Bare® Chicken Drumsticks may be substituted for the Bone-In Chicken Thighs.