Rachel C. of Grand Forks AFB, ND was selected as a finalist in the 2012 Just 5 Cooking Challenge for creating this simpler version of a French classic. The finished dish has delicate and flavorful garlic cloves that are delicious spread over warm French bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves, peeled
- 1 can (14 ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 350||Calories from Fat 52|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 12%|
|Vitamin C 5%||Vitamin A 3%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oil and butter in large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, chicken about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tuck garlic cloves in among chicken pieces; pour in broth and wine. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high; cook liquid for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve chicken with garlic and pan sauce.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Serve with buttery mashed potatoes or soft polenta in a shallow soup plate, with a baby kale salad dressed with a Dijon vinaigrette alongside.