This easy sheet pan chicken is the ideal choice for a weekend dinner – it’s sophisticated, flavorful, and effortlessly prepared! Roasted veggies and crispy chicken filets are accompanied by a velvety sauce infused with aromatic shallots, garlic, briny capers, and a delicate touch of white wine.
- Roasted Vegetables and Chicken
- 4 Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Fillets
- 2 lb fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 lb asparagus, end trimmed and spears cut in half
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste 1
- lemon, sliced
- Picatta Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallots, peeled and minced
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brine-packed capers, drained
- 1 stick of butter, cubed/cold
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Chicken and Veggies
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, asparagus, shallots, olive oil, dried thyme, salt, black pepper, and lemon slices.
- Add the prepared veggies to the parchment-lined sheet pan, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Depending on the size, you may need to use two pans.
- Roast the veggies for 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes start to become tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven and toss the vegetables. Place the Just Bare Lightly Breaded Chicken Fillets on top of the veggies.
- Return the pan to the oven for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until the fillets have an internal temp of 165°F and the vegetables start to crisp.
- While the chicken and veggies are roasting, preheat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and chicken stock, allowing the mixture to reduce by about 50%.
- Add the capers to the pan and over low heat, slowly start adding the cubed butter while continuously swirling the pan. This will help the sauce thicken and emulsify.
- Once all the butter is added and the sauce has thickened, finish with lemon juice, parsley, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Remove the sauce from heat.
- Plate the chicken and veggies and top with picatta sauce, freshly parsley and lemon – enjoy!