Substitute frozen and thawed corn for the raw kernels when corn is not in season. Look for the freekeh, a form of cracked wheat, in the bulk grain bins at a co-op grocery or in the specialty whole-grain section of a good market.
- 1 cup (about 2-1/2 ounces) finely crushed corn tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon mesquite grill seasoning
- 5 to 6 (20 ounces) Just Bare Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/2 cup uncooked freekeh or bulgur wheat
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (sliced off of 2 to 3 small ears corn)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups mixed baby arugula and torn butter lettuce
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 415||Calories from Fat 42|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 38g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 21%||Vitamin A 19%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Heat oven to 400°F. Mix tortilla chip crumbs and seasoning in shallow dish. Place egg in a second dish. Dip chicken in egg; roll in crumb mixture until well coated. Place on baking sheet.
Bake chicken 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink near bone. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
Meanwhile, place freekeh or bulgur in small saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and cook about 15 minutes or until tender. Rinse with cool water and drain well.
Toss cooked freekeh, corn, tomatoes, onion, lettuces, and dill in large bowl. Dress salad with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with hot cooked drumsticks.
Just BARE® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breasts may be substituted for Just BARE® Chicken Drumsticks.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product.