These delicious Creamy Thai Coconut Lime Chicken Bowls featuring Just Bare Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins are the perfect addition to your next summer BBQ. They’re made with grilled coconut and lime-marinated chicken with mango, cabbage, carrot, peanuts and a peanut sauce served over farro for a nutritious twist.
Recipe development and photography by Nicole Hill Gerulat on behalf of Brit+Co
- Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 package of Just Bare Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, rinsed and dried
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Gojuchang or other favorite hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- Other Ingredients:
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups farro, cooked (cook it just like pasta and remove al dente!)
- 1 bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 red cabbage, sliced
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1/3 cup cashews or peanuts, chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped,
- Hot sauce, for serving
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 30g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 20g||100%|
|Trans Fat 0g||100%|
|Total Carbohydrate 123g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||68%|
|Total Sugars 33g|
|Includes 6g Added Sugars||12%|
|Calcium 120 mg 9%||Iron 11.2 mg 62%|
|Potassium 1280 mg 27%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Combine coconut milk, lime zest and juice, curry powder, paprika, ginger, garlic, hot sauce and salt in a shallow covered dish or resealable bag and add chicken. Refrigerate for a few hours and up to overnight.
- Turn the gas grill to high, cover, and heat the grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Clean and oil cooking grate.
- Remove chicken from marinade, (reserve the marinade) and season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken tenders on grill, cover and cook until well browned, 3-4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until well browned on the second side and chicken registers 160 degrees, 2-3 more minutes. Transfer grilled chicken tenders to platter, cover and rest for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, heat marinade in a small saucepan over low until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble bowls, equally divide the farro into four bowls, top with bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, & mango. Add sliced chicken, drizzle thickened sauce over chicken, and top with nuts and cilantro. Serve with hot sauce.