Blending up sweet mango with spicy chipotle chiles creates a surprising pizza sauce with a deliciously slow burn. Look for prepared pizza dough in the refrigerator case or substitute frozen bread dough for a chewy crust. Handle the Heat created this recipe from an ingredient list submitted by Pamela S., who won a grand prize in the Just Bare Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge.
- 1 bag (12-ounce) frozen mango cubes, thawed
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotles)
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) ball prepared pizza dough
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 440||Calories from Fat 33|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Calcium 29%||Iron 16%|
|Vitamin C 41%||Vitamin A 19%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Place a large pizza stone on the bottom rack of oven. Heat oven to 450°F. Place mango, chiles, and sauce in a blender container. Process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp; drain on paper towel, reserving 1 tablespoon of fat in skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; sauté in skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink in center (165°F on instant read thermometer). Cool; chop into bite-size pieces.
- Stretch and roll dough out on a flour-dusted work surface into a 12-inch circle (if the dough bounces back, allow it to rest for 10 minutes, then continue). Move dough to a flour- or cornmeal-dusted flat baking sheet or pizza peel.
- Spread warm mango sauce over dough; sprinkle with cheese, then the chicken and bacon pieces. Slide pizza onto hot pizza stone; bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven; cut into wedges.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.