A finalist in the 2012 Just Bare Just 5 Cooking Challenge, this recipe comes from Melanie T. of Tulsa, OK. The melding of sweet berries, honey, and chile heat is fantastic with chicken.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro + leaves for garnish, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 460||Calories from Fat 33|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 43g|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 11%|
|Vitamin C 15%||Vitamin A 4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Mash blueberries with a fork in a medium bowl; stir in honey and chiles. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; sauté about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Add blueberry mixture to skillet; reduce heat to low and partially cover. Simmer about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and sauce is thick. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Serve chicken with sauce, garnished with cilantro leaves.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Frozen blueberries are as good an option as fresh berries and may be much less expensive, depending on the time of year you make this dish.