All over the eastern Mediterranean these spiced meat sandwiches are a street food staple. Originating in northwestern Turkey, this style of seasoned meat wrap is so common it’s sometimes called the Middle Eastern taco.
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 4 (8-inch) wheat pita fold breads
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Crumbled feta cheese, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 361||Calories from Fat 23|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Calcium 12%||Iron 24%|
|Vitamin C 24%||Vitamin A 43%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Place chicken tenders in large plastic, re-sealable food bag. Add seasonings; seal bag and shake to coat chicken evenly.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for about eight minutes, turning once, until no longer pink inside. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- To make wraps, mix hummus and yogurt in small bowl. Arrange spiced chicken tenders on pita bread, with greens, tomatoes, and cucumber. Drizzle with hummus sauce and sprinkle with feta.
Different flatbreads may be substituted for pita. Different condiments may be substituted for hummus sauce.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
The meat is typically shaved off a large rotating cone of roasted layered meat, but here you can create your own with chicken tenders. For a bit of smoky flavor, use a stovetop grill.