Karen K. of Quincy, CA was selected as a finalist in the 2012 Just 5 Cooking Challenge for creating this easy weeknight meal that utilizes the much loved sweet-savory combination.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 3/4 cup pitted green olives
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 330||Calories from Fat 28|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Calcium 5%||Iron 9%|
|Vitamin C 10%||Vitamin A 11%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken about 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from pan to plate; set aside.
- Meanwhile, add shallots to skillet. Sauté 4 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Stir in wine to deglaze the pan.
- Stir in jam; cook and stir until well combined and bubbling. Return chicken to pan with olives. Cook and stir until hot. Serve chicken with olives and sauce.
Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
A full-bodied white wine, like Chardonnay, would be a good choice for this sweet-savory sauce.
You can substitute other jams or preserves you might have on your pantry shelf for the apricot preserves. Try fig, plum, or orange marmalade.