Experiment with different varieties of eggplant if you see them at the grocery or farmer’s market—don’t let the unique shapes and colors stop you, as any type is delicious. This rich stew is lovely spooned over soft corn polenta, or even over toasted baguette slices.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 45 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, halved, sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small eggplant (about 13 ounces), chopped (3 to 3-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt to taste
- Shredded asiago cheese, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 610||Calories from Fat 30|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 67g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|Total Sugars 19g|
|Calcium 9%||Iron 25%|
|Vitamin C 16%||Vitamin A 11%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven or large, deep sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add half of garlic and chicken chunks; sauté about 8 minutes or until chicken is browned and no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove from pan to shallow dish.
- Add remaining oil to pan; stir in remaining garlic, onion, raisins, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato paste and honey; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggplant, vinegar, and reserved pasta cooking water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes or until eggplant is tender and mixture is thick. Stir chicken with juices back into sauce; season with salt. Serve over hot pasta, garnished with cheese.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.