These hearty chicken sandwiches aren’t for the faint of heart. Boneless chicken thighs, smoky bacon, rich Gouda cheese, and aromatic leeks make for a big bite burger! Rachel Cooks created this recipe from an ingredient list submitted by Jodi T., who won a grand prize in the Just Bare Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge.
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, cut in half
- 2 medium leeks
- 3 (3 to 4 ounces) large ciabatta buns, split in half
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese (or 3 1-ounce slices)
- Additional Dijon mustard, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 785||Calories from Fat 38|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Trans Fat 1g||70%|
|Total Carbohydrate 50g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Calcium 43%||Iron 40%|
|Vitamin C 15%||Vitamin A 26%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Arrange chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper; brush with 2 tablespoons mustard. Bake about 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center (165°F on an instant read thermometer).
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy and browned. Drain bacon on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Trim the tough green tops from the leeks and slice them in half lengthwise. Rinse well to remove any sand or grit. Thinly slice crosswise. Heat 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon fat in large skillet; sauté leeks over medium-high heat about 10 minutes or until tender. Place in a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon fat in skillet over medium heat. Toast buns, cut-side down, until golden brown.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread toasted buns with mustard. Arrange chicken on bottom halves of toasted buns. Sprinkle with cheese*, then top with bacon and leeks.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Chicken Breasts Tenders may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
*Place sandwiches under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to melt the cheese if desired, before topping with bacon and leeks.