This light and flaky quiche includes leeks, mushrooms and baby spinach making it the perfect Spring inspired dish! The chicken is poached in a flavorful liquid called court bouillon which adds a layer of depth to the protein.
Servings 5Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
- Court Bouillon:
- 8 oz Just Bare Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Chicken broth or Water
- 1 Shallot, quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1⁄2 Bunch of Thyme
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Unbaked Pie Shell or Unbaked Pie Crust
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Leek or Spring Onion, cleaned & sliced
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 2 Cups Mushroom Medley, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3-4 Thyme Sprigs, destemmed and minced
- Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, prepare poaching liquid by combining 2 cups of chicken
broth or water, shallot, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, black peppercorns and salt. Heat
on medium heat until liquid is just below a simmer.
- Place 8 ounces of Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast into the
flavored stock and poach for 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165º F.
- While chicken is poaching, line an unbaked pie shell with foil or parchment paper.
- Add pie weights or dried beans to prevent crust from puffing up during the blind bake.
- Bake pie crust for 15 minutes or according to directions. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once chicken is cooked and a meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165°F, remove from the poaching liquid and allow to cool for 5 minutes before shredding
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and place in a bowl.
- In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil. Add leeks, garlic and mushrooms – season with salt, black pepper and thyme.
- Sauté for 6-8 minutes until tender. Fold in baby spinach, stir and cook for an additional 2 minutes until spinach is wilted – remove from heat.
- Combine shredded chicken with vegetable mixture and evenly spread out across the pre-baked pie shell.
- In a bowl add milk, heavy cream, eggs, Parmesan cheese salt and black pepper – whisk to combine.
- Pour egg filling over the vegetable mixture and top with more freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake quiche for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is set, but not overcooked.
- Let cool slightly, slice, and enjoy!
If you notice your crust beginning to brown more quickly than your quiche is setting, cover your crust with a pie shield or make your own from aluminum foil.