This version of stroganoff—which most often is made with beef and takes much longer to cook—is elegant enough for a New Year’s celebration but won’t take you away from the party. Using a nice pour of champagne, which is similar to cooking with a slightly sweet white wine, adds a fun twist that fits the season.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (button, crimini, or shiitake), sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry champagne or chardonnay
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 317||Calories from Fat 32|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g||30%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Calcium 11%||Iron 10%|
|Vitamin C 5%||Vitamin A 13%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; sauté about 8 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove to plate; tent with foil.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in skillet; add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Saute about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Pour in broth and champagne; simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Mix in sour cream until well blended.
- Serve chicken sliced, with sauce spooned over.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders may be substituted for Just BARE® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Serve over tender wide egg noodles or steamed rice.