This hearty stew will warm the soul whether it’s winter or any other season. Prepared with Just Bare Natural Angus Beef Stew Meat, fresh thyme, and Yukon gold potatoes.
- 2 lbs Just Bare Beef Stew Meat
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pieces of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cubed into 1-inch pieces
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven, cook meat over medium-high heat until you get a good sear on it. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl. Once the meat is set aside, add the diced onion and bacon to the pan and begin to sweat the onions and cook the bacon.
- Once onions are translucent, add the flour to the pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes over medium heat to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Add the cooked chuck back to the pan, along with the beef broth, thyme sprigs, stewed tomatoes, and bay leaf. Cook in the oven at 350°F for approximately 1-hour. Remove the Dutch oven from the oven and add the carrots and potatoes. Put back into the oven and cook for an additional hour at 350°F.
- With a fork, test the potatoes to make sure they’re fork-tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!