This hearty stew will warm the soul whether it’s winter or any other season. Prepared with Just Bare Natural Angus Beef Stew Meat, fresh thyme, and Yukon gold potatoes.
Servings 5Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Prep Time: 10Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 109
Cook Time: 135Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 115
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 135 mins
- 2 lbs Just Bare Beef Stew Meat
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pieces of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14.5 oz stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cubed into 1-inch pieces
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven, cook meat over medium-high heat until you get a good sear on it. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl. Once the meat is set aside, add the diced onion and bacon to the pan and begin to sweat the onions and cook the bacon.
- Once onions are translucent, add the flour to the pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes over medium heat to get rid of the raw flour taste.
- Add the cooked chuck back to the pan, along with the beef broth, thyme sprigs, stewed tomatoes, and bay leaf. Cook in the oven at 350°F for approximately 1-hour. Remove the Dutch oven from the oven and add the carrots and potatoes. Put back into the oven and cook for an additional hour at 350°F.
- With a fork, test the potatoes to make sure they’re fork-tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!