Enjoy the perfect blend of crispiness and tenderness with this air fried buttermilk chicken tender
recipe. Marinated in a rich buttermilk mixture, these succulent chicken strips are coated in
a flavorful blend of herbs and spices before being air fried to golden perfection. Serve alongside
your favorite dipping sauce and a refreshing crunchy red cabbage coleslaw.
- 1 lb Just Bare Chicken Breast Tenders
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- cooking spray
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 375°F.
- In a large sealable bag or stainless steel bowl, combine chicken breast tenderloins and buttermilk. Allow them to soak for at least 3 hours, or overnight for best results.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, black pepper, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Remove each tender from the buttermilk and coat it in the seasoned flour mixture, ensuring each piece is fully coated.
- Place the coated chicken tenders in the air fryer basket, making sure they are evenly spaced.
- Coat the chicken evenly with cooking spray to help achieve a crispy texture.
- Carefully transfer the basket to the preheated air fryer and cook the tenders for 15-18 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Cook until the chicken is crispy and has an internal temp of 165º. Remove the chicken tenders from the air fryer and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded red cabbage, grated carrot, and sliced red onion. Mix them together to create a colorful slaw base.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined and smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss well to evenly coat the vegetables with the flavorful dressing. Make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Let the slaw sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together and for the cabbage to slightly soften while retaining its crunch.
- Serve the crunchy red cabbage slaw as a refreshing side dish alongside your air-fried chicken. It adds a vibrant and tangy element to the meal!