Shredded Brussels sprouts are the new coleslaw, teamed up here with sweet cranberries and tangy feta cheese. Earthy quinoa cooks up so quickly it’s easy to make a small amount for coating tender chicken breasts—a nice counterpoint to the crunch of the salad. Bake Your Day created this recipe from an ingredient list submitted by Tanah B., who was a finalist in the Just Bare Chicken +5 Ingredient Challenge.
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 14 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 12 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 370||Calories from Fat 44|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Calcium 12%||Iron 13%|
|Vitamin C 85%||Vitamin A 15%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Cook quinoa according to package directions (you should end up with about ¾ cup cooked quinoa); cool.
- Place cooled quinoa in a shallow dish; season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/3 cup dressing in a second shallow dish. Dip chicken in dressing. Dredge in quinoa, pressing onto both sides. Place in prepared baking dish. Bake about 25 minutes or until no longer pink in center (165°F on an instant read thermometer.)
- Meanwhile, mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl; toss with 1/4 cup dressing. Slice warm chicken; serve over salad, drizzled with remaining dressing.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.