This saucy dish is great to start off a busy week—just load the slow cooker and get on with your day. The drumsticks can stand up to a bit more cooking time than other cuts of chicken, so you don’t need to rush home too soon.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 to 6 (20 ounces) Just Bare Chicken Drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups tomato salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) crushed or diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 340||Calories from Fat 41|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Calcium 11%||Iron 22%|
|Vitamin C 28%||Vitamin A 15%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chicken; cook about 5 minutes or until browned.
Arrange onion in bottom of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Top with chicken. Mix salsa, tomatoes, honey, and spices. Pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink close to the bone. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove chicken from slow cooker. Stir in peanut butter until melted and well blended. Serve chicken with sauce.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product.
Use a paper towel to help pull the skin off the drumsticks.