Traditional chicken curries can have a lot of fat. This version is full of the great flavors of the best curry dish, but with a fraction of the calories. The brilliant green “chutney” is really an herbal salsa, spicy and a fresh counterpoint to the deeper taste of the curry.
- 1 bunch (3 to 4 ounces) fresh cilantro, rinsed, trimmed
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 28 ounces Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 211||Calories from Fat 24|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Calcium 10%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 28%||Vitamin A 22%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- To make chutney, place all ingredients in blender or food processor. Process in bursts until smooth. Set aside.
- For chicken, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until just browned. Remove from skillet to plate.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, onion, garlic, and ginger to skillet; sauté 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in garam masala; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Whisk in yogurt; add tomatoes with juices. Simmer 2 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet with salt and pepper; cover and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Serve curry with cilantro chutney.
Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips, or Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into chunks, may be substituted for Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders. Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.