This non-traditional chili takes advantage of the later summer harvest: jalapeño chiles, corn, zucchini, fresh oregano, rosemary, and cilantro. Don’t let the list of ingredients discourage you—pile them into a big soup pot and simmer for less than an hour for a great all-in-one supper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño chile, finely chopped
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 limes, juiced (1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels sliced off the cob or 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 can (15 ounces) Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced roasted green chiles
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 361||Calories from Fat 27|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Calcium 12%||Iron 27%|
|Vitamin C 23%||Vitamin A 3%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oil in large soup kettle over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, onion and garlic for 4 minutes. Add jalapeño chile and chicken. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, water, lime juice, rosemary, oregano, cumin, and cinnamon. Bring soup to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add corn or zucchini, beans, and green chiles. Simmer for 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve hot with garnishes as desired.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders, cut into pieces, may be substituted for Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Garnish with some chopped red or green farmer’s market onions, a dollop of sour cream or shredded Mexican cheese, a spoonful of toasted pumpkin seeds, a handful of fresh cilantro leaves, or a squeeze of fresh lime.