Ratatouille is a classic French melding of harvest vegetables, starring creamy eggplant, sweet bell peppers, small zucchini, and sweetly-ripe tomatoes. The recipe varies, from a stovetop stew to a grilled platter of tender and slightly charred veggies. Mediterranean herbs—oregano, thyme, rosemary, and lavender—often scent this blend of sun-kissed vegetables. Add some rich chicken thighs, brushed with an olive vinaigrette, to round out a perfect patio meal.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence, crushed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- CHICKEN & VEGETABLES
- 5 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced crosswise (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Caper berries, whole olives, and lemon wedges, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 475||Calories from Fat 51|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Calcium 15%||Iron 17%|
|Vitamin C 180%||Vitamin A 17%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining dressing ingredients together in small bowl; set aside. Brush chicken, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill; cook about 20 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Arrange eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and onions around chicken; cook, turning once or twice, until tender and charred.
- Arrange chicken, grilled vegetables, and tomatoes on large plate. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with cheese, and garnish with capers, olives, and lemon.
Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Tenders may be substituted for Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.