Crush anise seeds in a mortar and pestle or by placing them between two pieces of waxed paper and use a rolling pin to roll over or lightly pound them. The gentle licorice flavor blends well with the sweetness of the fruit and rich port, while the dash of balsamic brings a tart balance.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 45 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 (20 ounces) Just Bare Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons anise seeds, lightly crushed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted, halved
- 1/3 cup ruby port
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 270||Calories from Fat 49|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Calcium 3%||Iron 11%|
|Vitamin C 5%||Vitamin A 5%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 425°F. Season chicken with crushed anise, salt, and pepper; arrange on foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast chicken about 30 minutes or until no longer pink near bone (165°F internally).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, shallots for about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in cherries, port, and vinegar. Cook about 10 minutes or until reduced by half and cherries are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with cherry sauce.
Just Bare® Chicken Drumsticks may be substituted for the Bone-In Chicken Thighs.