This richly savory skillet dish is related to the classic French “coq au vin” or chicken braised in red wine. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes for the ultimate comfort food supper.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 103
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 (20 ounces) Just Bare Bone-In Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, sliced
- 2 large carrots or parsnips, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried herbes de Provence
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
- 8 ounces baby portobello (brown) mushrooms, sliced
- Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 520||Calories from Fat 57|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Calcium 7%||Iron 20%|
|Vitamin C 10%||Vitamin A 128%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Cook bacon in large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a plate, reserving bacon fat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown both sides in skillet, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add leek, carrots, and garlic; sauté about 3 minutes. Add wine; cook over high heat about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, herbes de Provence, and bacon pieces. Arrange chicken in skillet. Partially cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near bone. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in another large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Cook about 8 minutes or until browned and tender. Stir into chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Bone-In Chicken Thighs. Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.