This 5-ingredient recipe was created by Jennifer D. and was selected as the winning recipe in the Just Bare® Just 5 Cooking Challenge in 2011.
- 6 to 8 (20 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium white onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 7 sprigs fresh thyme
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 415||Calories from Fat 44|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 18g|
|Calcium 7%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 7%||Vitamin A 4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Rub chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet; cook 3 minute or until golden brown. Turn; cook about 3 minutes longer. Remove from skillet to a plate; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; reduce heat to medium. Add onions and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cover cherries with 1/2 cup water; let stand until onions are browned. Stir in balsamic vinegar and cherries with water. Add 5 thyme springs and nestle chicken on top of onions. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover skillet. Cook chicken about 20 minutes or until tender and no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Remove thyme sprigs; serve chicken on top of onion-cherry mixture. Garnish with remaining fresh thyme leaves.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.