The combination of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and garlic make for a steak rub loaded with flavor to perfectly complement the Just Bare Natural Angus New York strip.
- 1 lb Just Bare New York Strip
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Prepare your steak by rubbing it with the olive oil. Combine all the spices to make your rub, and then sprinkle the rub all over the steak until even.
- Put your steak in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, depending on its thickness, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 130°F (since we’re searing it after, the temperature will continue to rise to 145°F) for medium. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium heat (you don’t want to put it on high because the brown sugar will burn). Add oil and sear steak for one minute on each side until it’s nicely seared and has the desired cook on it. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. Serve and enjoy with your favorite sides! Pro tip: top with Maldon salt after it rests for a nice crunchy bite to it!