If you need to feed more than your family, why not roast two birds at the same time? It’s no more work and is easy to serve. Any leftovers are ready and waiting to make sandwiches, a small pot of soup, or a pan of chicken enchiladas.
- 2 (4 pounds each) Just Bare Whole Chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crumbled poultry seasoning
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh tangerine juice (3 to 4 tangerines)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine peel (zest)
- Fresh sage leaves, if desired
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 355||Calories from Fat 49|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 1g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Heat oven to 425°F. Line a large roasting pan with foil. Tie chicken legs together and tuck wings under. Arrange chickens in pan; lightly rub with 2 tablespoons oil and season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Place chickens in oven; roast 45 minutes. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and tender.
Stir in juice, maple syrup, mustard, and zest. Bring to a boil; cook uncovered 6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Brush glaze over chickens during the last 15 minutes of roasting, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F in thighs and juices run clear. Serve with any remaining glaze, garnished with fresh sage.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.