For even crunchier chicken chunks, shallow fry the chicken in about ½-inch oil in a large, deep skillet. Make the dip ahead and refrigerate until party time—the flavor will only get better.
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes or cornflake crumbs
- Coarse salt and crushed red pepper to taste
- 1/2 containers all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons grated, fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 100||Calories from Fat 50|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Calcium 1%||Iron 5%|
|Vitamin C 4%||Vitamin A 2%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place almonds and sesame seeds in food processor container fitted with metal blade. Process until coarsely chopped. Add cornflakes, salt, and crushed red pepper; process until well blended.
- Place crumb mixture into a shallow dish. In a second dish, place flour. In a third dish, lightly beat eggs with ¼ cup water.
- Dredge chicken lightly in flour, then dip into egg and roll in crumb mixture until well coated. Place on baking sheet; drizzle chicken with oil.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink in center and outside is crisp and golden. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, place all sauce ingredients in food processor. Process until smooth. Serve with chicken chunks.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.