This version of fried chicken is simple, mess-free, and easy to customize to your favorite seasonings. A touch of honey with tangy buttermilk coats the chicken before tossing in crisp Panko breadcrumbs to bake.
- 1 (4 pounds) Just Bare Whole Chicken
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3-4 drops hot pepper sauce, if desired
- 1-1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemon, cut into wedges
- Additional honey for dipping
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 571||Calories from Fat 51|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Trans Fat 1g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Calcium 9%||Iron 17%|
|Vitamin C 21%||Vitamin A 16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut chicken into 8 pieces, using heavy poultry shears or a knife.
- Beat buttermilk, honey, egg, garlic, and hot pepper sauce together with a fork in a shallow dish until well mixed.
- Mix breadcrumbs and rosemary together in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk mixture, then dredge in breadcrumbs to coat well. Arrange chicken on baking sheet.
- Drizzle chicken with oil; bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a knife. The breast pieces will be done before darker meat, so check doneness at 30 minutes and remove from oven. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Keep warm until remainder of chicken is done.
- Serve chicken with a squeeze of lemon and dip in honey, if desired.
Just BARE® Chicken Drumsticks or Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs instead of cut-up Just BARE® Whole Chicken.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Look for Panko in the baking aisle with other dried breadcrumbs.