Poaching and shredding boneless chicken breasts takes no time, leaving spare time to prep up the rest of the stir-fried veggies and condiments to make this classic Chinese take-out dish.
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups thinly shredded red cabbage and/or julienned carrots
- 2 cups shredded savoy or napa cabbage
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Additional hoisin sauce
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 360||Calories from Fat 24|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 1g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Calcium 13%||Iron 20%|
|Vitamin C 67%||Vitamin A 20%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Place chicken in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, partially cover, and simmer about 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Remove chicken from water; cool. Shred into bite-size pieces.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons hoisin, sherry, soy, and cornstarch together in small bowl. Heat canola oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute. Add red cabbage, carrots, savoy cabbage, mushrooms, and half of onions; stir-fry about 4 minutes or until vegetables are just crisp-tender.
- Stir shredded chicken and sauce mixture into skillet; cook and stir until all ingredients are coated with sauce and are hot. Drizzle mixture with sesame oil.
- Serve chicken mixture wrapped in tortillas, garnished with remaining onions and a small spoonful of hoisin sauce.
Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for Just Bare® Hand-Trimmed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.