Squeeze a few chunks of fresh lime or lemon over the finished bird and fruit. Complete the meal with a pan of quick-cooking orzo pasta tossed with some crumbled feta cheese and a bowl full of fresh arugula dressed in a vinaigrette.
- 1/4 cup wildflower or lavender honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or lavender leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 pounds) Just Bare Whole Chicken
- 4 ripe plums, halved, pitted
- 1 lime or small lemon, cut into wedges
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 622||Calories from Fat 55|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 39g||50%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40%|
|Trans Fat 1g||40%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 24g|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 24%||Vitamin A 11%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Lightly oil grill rack; heat grill to medium heat. Mix all glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until well blended; set aside ¼ cup to serve with chicken.
Cut chicken in half with kitchen shears, rinse and pat dry. Rub with reserved 1 tablespoon oil. Place chicken halves on grill, skin-side up. Cook, turning as needed, until juices run clear (40 to 50 minutes or until 180°F in thigh meat). Brush with honey mixture during the last 15 minutes of grilling.
Place fruit, cut-side down, on the grill during the last 6 to 8 minutes of grilling. Turn fruit once and brush with honey mixture.
Drizzle chicken and fruit with reserved 1/4 cup honey glaze and a squeeze of lime.
Small peaches or nectarines may be substituted for plums.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.