Love slow-cooked meat, bacon, and mushrooms? This rich Just Bare Natural Angus beef bourguignon recipe also features hearty vegetables, garlic, thyme, and wine. Recipe courtesy of Love in My Belly.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 97
Prep Time: 20Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 109
Cook Time: 150Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 115
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 150 mins
- 1 lb Just Bare Stew Meat
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 carrots
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 12 oz mushrooms, cremini + shiitake (or all cremini or white button mushrooms), halved or thick slices
- 10 pearl onions, trimmed and peeled
- 4 cloves of garlic, 2 minced and 2 crushed
- 1½ tbsp flour
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of wine
- 1 cup of beef broth
- salt + pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- vegetable oil
- parsley, chopped
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pat beef stew meat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium high heat on the stovetop. Add diced bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Pan sear the sides of the beef stew meat in the bacon fat. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same Dutch oven, add onions and brown. Add carrots and garlic. Cook for a minute. If the pan gets dry, add a couple tablespoons of water.
- Add tomato paste and flour and mix thoroughly. Toss in bay leaf and thyme.
- Pour in wine and let reduce for a couple minutes, turning heat down as liquid starts to bubble.
- Add beef broth and stir.
- Carefully place the beef and bacon back into the pan, making sure that the meat is fully submerged in the liquid. Cover and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan with vegetable oil. Add pearl onions and brown.
- Toss in the mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt. When the mushrooms begin to shrink, add a tbsp of butter. Stir and allow the mushrooms to slightly brown.
- When the beef bourguignon has finished cooking, add the pearl onions and mushrooms to the Dutch oven. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles.