Versatile bone-in chicken thighs are easy to roast in the oven or are a grilling natural, especially when partnered with this zesty barbecue sauce spiked with caramelized garlic and freshly grated lemon peel.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (20 ounces) Just Bare Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 390||Calories from Fat 33|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 31g|
|Calcium 8%||Iron 15%|
|Vitamin C 17%||Vitamin A 8%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Slice the top off of garlic, just exposing the cloves. Place on a 6-inch square of foil; drizzle with olive oil and wrap foil around garlic. Arrange chicken on foil-lined baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in oven; place wrapped garlic on oven rack next to baking sheet in oven. Roast chicken and garlic 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near bone (165°F internally) and garlic feels very soft when pressed.
- Squeeze garlic cloves from papery skins; mash with fork in small bowl. Stir in barbecue sauce, lemon juice, and lemon peel until well blended. Brush half of sauce on chicken; save the remainder to serve at the table.
Jarred roasted garlic paste may be substituted for the head of garlic as a shortcut if time is at a premium.
Just Bare® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs may be substituted for the Bone-In Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional information may change when substituting product. If you choose to substitute frozen chicken for this recipe, it’s best to thaw the product before cooking.