Slightly spicy, tender chicken flavored with mango, peach, plum or cranberry chutney. This dish is delicious served with minted couscous.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground salt
- 2 to 3 (14 ounces) Just Bare Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 482||Calories from Fat 12|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 64g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Calcium 2%||Iron 11%|
|Vitamin C 1%||Vitamin A 1%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Sprinkle curry powder and salt over chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet, sauté chicken breasts in olive oil over medium-high heat, about 6 to 8 minutes per side, until done and pan juices run clear and there is no hint of pink in meat. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add chutney, spooning it over and around the chicken breasts.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in couscous; let stand 5 minutes to absorb broth. Fluff with fork and stir in mint. Serve breasts with chutney and couscous.
Any variety of chutney may be used.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking. If substituting fresh whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut the whole breast in half before preparing.