Shelled edamame replaces the traditional lima beans in this comforting chicken and corn stovetop dinner. Serve with a pan of golden cornbread and a tangy coleslaw.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 (20 ounces) Just Bare Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups raw corn kernels (sliced from about 3 medium ears of corn) or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (soy beans)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dillweed
- 3/4 cup evaporated whole milk
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 495||Calories from Fat 51|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Calcium 18%||Iron 16%|
|Vitamin C 43%||Vitamin A 22%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon pieces; set aside. Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper;* brown chicken in skillet until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and bell pepper to skillet. Sauté 2 minutes. Stir in corn, edamame, dill, salt and pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add milk; bring to simmer. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near bone. Cook to internal temp of 165°F.
- Serve chicken over corn mixture, sprinkled with bacon pieces.
Just Bare® Chicken Drumsticks may be substituted for Just Bare® Bone-In Chicken Thighs.
Nutritional information may change when substituting product. If you choose to substitute frozen chicken for this recipe, it’s best to thaw the product before cooking.
*Remove skin, if desired.