Marinating chicken drumsticks or thighs in a balsamic vinegar-olive oil dressing spiked with rosemary and oregano is quick and delicious—and can be started the night before or earlier in the day.
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 5 to 6 (20 ounces) Just Bare Chicken Drumsticks
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 310||Calories from Fat 61|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 11%|
|Vitamin C 3%||Vitamin A 3%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
Mix vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, and herbs in a large resealable plastic bag or medium bowl. Place chicken in marinade; season with salt and pepper and toss chicken to be sure it’s well coated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally, up to overnight.
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; place on grill. Cook 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until no longer pink near bone and juices run clear (165°F internally).
Meanwhile, pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil (or microwave on HIGH for 1 minute). Serve with drumsticks.
Nutritional values may change if you choose to substitute another chicken product or any other ingredients. If substituting frozen chicken for this recipe, thaw before cooking.
Use fresh herbs if you have them on hand, and grill some halved leeks and plum tomatoes to serve alongside.