There’s not much that beats the luscious combo of bacon and creamy ranch-style dressing. Make your own ranch (it’s simple) and spoon it over sliced roasted chicken breast and a bed of crisp butter lettuce.
Servings 4Notice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 96 Notice: Undefined variable: delay in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 96
Total Time: 45 minutesNotice: Undefined variable: tick in /code/wp-content/themes/fluffy-JustBare/single-recipe.php on line 102
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 4 (2 pounds) Just Bare Bone-In Split Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (dill, tarragon, chives)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or very finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Hot pepper sauce to taste, if desired
- 6 cups torn butter lettuce or mixed baby salad greens
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 965||Calories from Fat 56|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 29g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0g||45%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Calcium 10%||Iron 14%|
|Vitamin C 7%||Vitamin A 59%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Arrange chicken on parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high until crisp. Brush some of the bacon fat over the chicken (about 1 tablespoon); season with salt and pepper. Drain bacon pieces, discarding any remaining fat.
- Roast chicken about 20 minutes or until no longer pink near bone. Cook to internal temp of 165°F. Meanwhile, place buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, herbs, garlic, mustard, and hot pepper sauce in a jar or covered container. Shake until mixture is smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce on plates. Top with sliced chicken and bacon pieces. Drizzle with dressing.
Just BARE® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs may be substituted for Just BARE® Bone-In Split Chicken Breasts. Nutritional information may change when substituting product. If you choose to substitute frozen chicken for this recipe, it’s best to thaw the product before cooking.
Add sliced avocado or celery if you’d like.